Saturday 2 January 2010

Setting Sail - part 2

So Why?

I guess it's a fair question. I mean I can barely keep up with one blog let alone two. Well Why Not? I've always loved music and not only does this give me an opportunity to experience new bands and artists I may otherwise have let slip me by, I can document my feelings towards music in an almost therapeutic manner. Why Do I love music so much, what it makes me feel and why.

The start of this blog wasn't really just triggered by The Boat That Rocked (perish the thought!) but also by Phonogram, an indie comic published on Image about the occurrences in a club night, with music being a form of magic. Very inspiring comic that I suggest you check out, there's a few samples over at this link.

While it can be a little pretentious at times, I've very rarely been as inspired as I was the night I read the better half of volume 2. Anyone who loves music will be able to relate to it, hell even know people like the characters because of how well crafted the writing is. Check it out if you can, just don't be put off by the first volume!

Well I guess with that, it's almost time to embark on a voyage of musical discovery... hoist the anchors mateys... There's an adventure out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment